Thursday, March 1, 2012

Relax...its just a spa.

Since before I even got engaged there were some wedding things I knew for certain. I would get married in a church, we would have a sit down dinner and there would be lots of drinking and dancing at the reception.

Another thing I knew for certain: the day before the wedding was spa day for me and my girls.

But, choosing this spa was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I have been searching online for about a month or so for the perfect venue to accommodate my beautiful BMs and I in a day of relaxation.

My requirments were a spa that could:

* accommodate all nine of us for a mani, pedi and massage
*serve or allow us to bring in our alcohol (not that we NEED alcohol, but its fun to have a mimosa or two while having a girl's spa day!)
*not make us come in before 10am, as the bachelorette party is the night before
*have us finished before 4pm, as the rehearsal is at 5pm


I must have called ten spas in the Austin area and all of them had something wrong with them or were just outrageously priced.

Finally, today my mom and I went to look at a spa about 15 minutes from my house. We were incredibly impressed with the atmosphere and the staff. They could accommodate all of my bridesmaids in a timely manner, provided wine and mimosas and I just felt comfortable there. Additionally, they told us they would give us ten percent off since we were booking such a large group. We were sold!

I am pleased that the girls and I will be spending a few hours at Wood House Spa to recover from the Bachelorette Party and prepare for the wedding!



This is one of the gifts to my bridesmaids. Is any one else planning on doing or had a spa day with their BMs?


1 comment: