Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A favorite wedding trends

One of my favorite "wedding trends," as I'll call it, is the use of a wedding monogram, or what I'll like to call a wedding logo.

As the first of most of our friends to get married, Justin and I have not been to many weddings in the last few years, so my first experience with a wedding logo was at Brother A's wedding last summer.

He and his wife had  "AJA" printed on many of their paper products. I thought it was a really cute way to really personalize wedding things.

So, what was the first thing I did after we got engaged?

Start making one for our wedding!

I scoured website after website to find wedding logo creators creators. There were plenty of people who wanted to charge me, but I felt like this something that could definitely be DIY.

After a little practice and determining exactly what I wanted (like how I wanted both of our names, not just initials), I finally decided it could be easily made in Microsoft Word. I asked Justin if he would make it and that boy did well.
Now where should you put your logo, or where am I putting mine?
Answer: EVERYWHERE!

As I mentioned, I find that by using the logo, you are really able to personalize your wedding. I think it add just one more well thought out detail.
Purple Wedding Invitations


We used this on our save the dates:

And will be making menus and programs similar to these:


Photo credit- Betsy White Stationary Boutique



Out of town bags, letters, maps, bathroom  baskets and any other object that I can will also include the logo. 

Do you have a logo? What are you putting it on?


1 comment:

  1. I am painting ours onto an aisle runner. We're also going to have them on the invitation, ceremony program and dinner menu. I love the look of logos too and made mine in Word as well!

    ReplyDelete