Monday, June 11, 2012

Modern Day Wedding Planning

Those who know me well, know that I'm a little bit of a control freak. Okay, maybe more than just a little bit. I am extremely Type A and always have been.

And wedding planning is no different. 

A few weeks after we got engaged, I bought a planner at a Border's that was going out of business. Despite the great price I got on it, I have since determined that the $15 I spent was not worth it. So many of the pages are useless and it does not allow me to control how I organize everything. 

With modern technology virtually everything I need for planning is accessible online and most of it is free! Below are my recommended wedding planning websites and tools. 

Weddingbee- I cant even begin to count the number of hours that I live on this site. A quick search for almost anything wedding related on the boards and you are likely to find your answer. Is your question a new one or pertains just to a particular situation, such as what jewelry goes with my dress? Start your own topic. You are surely to get answers within minutes, sometimes even seconds. You can also buy tons of used and sometimes new wedding items. I purchased my second veil from a bride and got it at a great price!

Googledocs- okay, not exactly a wedding planning website, but necessary none the less. 

Before Justin and I even got engaged we created a doc for people we wanted to invite. As time went on we would add addresses and it was easy to export it to an excel sheet when it came time to print addresses for STDs  We gave access to our parents so that they could add addresses of their friends and check to make sure we hadn't missed someone important. 

I am adding columns like this to this guest list to track RSVPs and thank you notes!



The next incredibly important doc added is entitled "Wedding To Do List." I sat down one day about two months ago and wrote down every possible thing I could think of that I had left to do for the wedding as well as ideal an "due date" for each task. The list, although daunting at first, became my way to check my progress. Anytime I have a few minutes, I'll chose something from the list to work on. It's exhilarating when I can type DONE in the progress column!



Russ and Hazel- I haven't really used them much, but they have every wedding "worksheet" you could think of from bridal contact list to do/do not play list for the DJ. I will likely use them for my seating chart and will keep you updated on that progress
http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/wedding-templates

There are countless other websites and tools out there, like I said these are just my favorites! What is your favorite wedding tool and why?







No comments:

Post a Comment