Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Meet the Mr.

I feel like I may be getting a little bit ahead of myself. What is a bride without her groom? Let me introduce my husband to be!

I met Justin on a cold December day our freshmen year of college. Looking back on it, it's amazing how normal the day seemed.  I remember eating cereal in my dorm's cafeteria, practically falling asleep in Logic class and stressing about my upcoming Italian final exam.  With the stress of the end of the semester, I almost didn't make it to Kerbey Lane cafe to see my friend, Geoff.  Well had I not, I might not be writing this post.

It wasn't supposed to be a set up. In fact, Geoff messaged Justin later that week insisting that I was "off limits," but we were destined to be.

I don't remember much of the initial encounter with Justin. I do remember we sat in the third booth from the door and that he helped me eat part of my home fries. I remember walking the 7 blocks back to my dorm with him and talking the whole way. I remember thinking he was incredibly nice and that he made me laugh, which as a serious person is hard to do.

Who would have known that such a normal day would be the most important day of my life? What would have been a boring day ended up being the day I met my husband.

By January we were inseparable and have been ever since.

Three years later he asked me to be his wife and I said yes!



1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet story! And I love that Kirbey Lane's homefries were involved!

    ReplyDelete